I like my Ginger Cookies chewy and sweetly spiced. This gluten free Starbucks Copycat Ginger Molasses Cookie recipe is packed with ginger and blackstrap molasses giving it the perfect amount of spice, bitterness and sweetness. Enjoy!
Gluten Free Starbucks Copycat Ginger Molasses Cookies
Sweetly spiced gluten-free Ginger Cookies
Servings: 24 Jumbo Cookies or 48 regular cookies
- 340 g unsalted butter (room temperature) *1 ½ sticks of butter
- 300 g granulated sugar, plus extra 1/2 c for rolling the cookies
- 300 g dark brown sugar (packed)
- 170 g blackstrap molasses *approx 1/2 cup
- 2 large US eggs
- 550 g gluten free flour *approx 4 cups
- 3½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp ground ginger
- 2½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp clove
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 175°C/350°F degrees. Prep a large sheet pan with parchment paper or a silpat; set pan aside.In a small, shallow bowl, place 1/2 cup of granulated sugar; set aside.In a medium bowl, whisk together gluten-free flour, spices, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- Using an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the room temperature butter and sugars for approx 2 minutes until light and fluffy. Beat in the molasses and eggs and mix until combined, scraping the sides and bottom on the bowl. Reduce speed to low; gradually mix in dry ingredients, just until a dough forms. *optional: you can refrigerate your dough for 2 to 24 hrs which will age the flavours and also prevent less spread while baking.
- Using a #30 two-tablespoon cookie scoop, roll dough into balls and toss in the sugar. You can pinch off smaller dough pieces equal to one tablespoon if you prefer a small cookie. If you do this you will need to reduce the baking time to 6-8 minutes.
- Place the balls on the prepared sheet pan, about 2-3 inches apart. Bake for approx 10-15 minutes, or until the edges of cookies are just firm. Bake only one sheet pan at a time for a uniformed crack and even bake.Cool 2-3 minutes on the sheet pan before transferring to racks to cool completely.